While digital shoppers worldwide spent less time per visit in Q1, they created 22% more baskets and placed 21% more orders compared with Q1 2014. With the large gains in basket creation, retailers have more opportunities to know their customers, and create more personalized experiences to deepen engagement. Tablets accounted for 16% of worldwide orders in Q1, while phones continued their march to the top of the digital commerce food chain with 18% of orders and 35% of all traffic, up an eye-popping 59% and 38% respectively. Download the full Q1 Demandware Shopping Index here
- Artificial Intelligence in Retail: One Global Brand’s Incredible Success Story
- Mobile Commerce: What Does It Really Take to Be ‘Mobile-First’ in 2018?
- UX Best Practices: The Checkout Flow
- Do Consumers Want Personalization or, Simply, Relevance?
- Here’s Your First Peek at the Salesforce Connections Agenda for Commerce!