How do you track a customer using multiple devices, or a device without cookies, on their often long and windy path to purchase? To gain some level of confidence that they are accurately tracking and guiding consumers, retailers will leverage “digital fingerprinting,” which uses plug-ins, software, screen size and other features to identify users. Once retailers start connecting these dots, they can apply insights from past visits to personalize the experience, not only about product recommendations but putting products in the context of how they are going to be used. This is the third in a series of five videos featuring Peter Sheldon, VP of eBusiness and Channel Strategy at Forrester Research. Watch the first, on retailer’s continuing challenge to leverage customer data, and the second, on content and commerce.
- Artificial Intelligence in Retail: One Global Brand’s Incredible Success Story
- UX Best Practices: The Checkout Flow
- Mobile Shopping Focus Report: Here’s What’s Driving Mobile Commerce Today
- UX Best Practice: The All-Important ‘Add-to-Cart’ Page
- Here’s Your First Peek at the Salesforce Connections Agenda for Commerce!